The Celia Hammond Animal Trust (CHAT) operates in London and throughout the South East to help stray, abandoned and unwanted animals. The Trust has a strict non-destruction policy unless animals are suffering with a terminal illness or are hopelessly injured and beyond any veterinary help. As a charity that receives no government funding, we rely entirely on the kindness and generosity of our valued supporters.
We are completely committed to protecting our supporters’ personal information, as well as being open and honest about how we collect, store and use the information we receive. This policy explains how we collect and use your information.
We may be required to update this policy at any time without notice to you, so please check it regularly. If you have any queries about this policy please contact Head Office, Celia Hammond Animal Trust, High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex TN5 6AG or email email@example.com
We may obtain personal information from you when you ask about our activities, register with us, send or receive an email, buy our goods online, make a donation or otherwise provide us with personal information. All information collected is processed in accordance with our legal requirements and the Data Protection Act 1998.
The information we collect depends upon your reason for visiting our website, one of our centres or shop, but may include your full name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number, credit/debit card information or bank account details if setting up a Direct Debit or Standing Order mandate.
We collect the information you provide to:
· respond to your requests – such as donations, Gift Aid, purchases and any information regarding CHAT that you have made enquiries about.
· prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other legitimate functions on our behalf
· manage your purchase orders, delivery of products and communicate with you about those orders.
· record any contact we have with you.
· keep you up-to-date on CHAT’s news such as fundraising campaigns, challenges, achievements etc, but only if we have previously received your consent to do so.
· conduct research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of our supporters to enable a better understanding of your requirements so that CHAT can identify areas for improvement in providing our services. If this research is conducted by a third party CHAT will ensure that all personal information will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We take the security of your information very seriously and have put appropriate measures in place to minimise the risk to your information from loss, theft or misuse. These include:
· use of secure server (encrypted) to protect your transaction details when making a donation or purchase via our website
· contractual agreements between working partners (eg banks for payment transactions) that require compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all applicable legislation
· taking measures to ensure the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes to which you have given consent
· restricted access control, including use of complex passwords, to your information stored on our systems.
(Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc)
There are some circumstances where we may need to. For instance:
· if we are legally required to do so, eg court order, law enforcement agency pursuing an investigation.
· if we believe it necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our personnel or visitors to our premises or website.
· when we work with carefully selected partners for either research or analysis and processing card payments eg Nat west etc. These partners will only have access to your information when the necessary contractual arrangements have been agreed and signed.
· information has to be sent to HMRC as part of the declaration process for Gift Aid so that we can reclaim the Gift Aid on your donation(s).
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
Anyone wishing to make a Subject Access Request should apply in writing C.H.A.T. High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6AG.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up-to-date by notifying us.
If at any time you’d like us to change the way we contact you, or if you would like to opt out of our communications altogether please contact our Head Office at Wadhurst to action your request by:
· Telephone 01892 783 367
· Write to – Head Office, Celia Hammond Animal Trust, High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex TN5 6AG
· email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only email or text you if we have your consent to do so, but if you receive anything you would rather not, please let us know. We include an unsubscribe option within every email/text message we send so you are always in control of what you receive.
All photography on this site is reproduced with kind permission of the photographers concerned.
Headoffice@celiahamond.orgAll information published on this site is provided to the best of our knowledge. However, while Celia Hammond Animal Trust is happy to supply any assistance and guidance regarding animal welfare to Celia Hammond Animal Trust supporters and members of the public, it must be appreciated that such guidance is based only on information supplied to Celia Hammond Animal Trust and Celia Hammond Animal Trust will not be liable for injury, loss or damage arising from such guidance supplied. You may print any newsletter on this site for your own information but you may not sell it, reproduce it on the internet, distribute it, alter it, or reprint it in any publication without permission from Celia Hammond Animal Trust email
If you have a complaint about the Celia Hammond Animal Trust or any of our policies or procedures please contact us at Head Office, Celia Hammond Animal Trust, High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex TN5 6AG or email@example.com